Making an icon for your website that will be displayed on the address bar is a great way to help your website stand out form your competition. This type of icon is also known as a ‘favicon,’ which is short for ‘favorite icon.’ Along with helping your website stand out, these little icons are also added to a bookmark should visitors decide to make your website a favorite. This will once again bring more exposure for you and your website.
While it is not that hard to make a website icon for the address bar, you do need to first have a picture for the website icon to 링크모음 use. Once you have a decided on a picture to use for your website icon here is how you get it on the address bar:
1. Use Graphics Software: Use graphics software, such as Adobe Photoshop, and first open it up. You will have to be able to save in a specific file extension called.ico and there are free plug-ins available for programs such as Adobe Photoshop in order to ensure the process can be completed properly. Once the graphics software is fully loaded, select the image you decided to use as you website icon.
2. Size and Inspect the Image: Take the image that you have already chosen and resize it to 16 X 16 pixels. Once you have done so, inspect the image thoroughly. Make sure that the image looks good when reduced to such a small size. If you feel that it doesn’t look good, then chances are neither will anyone else. At this stage you may want to choose a different image to use as your website’s icon. Continue to resize and inspect until you find the image that makes for the perfect icon.
3. Save the Icon: Once you have decided on the perfect icon, you have to then save it. Be sure to save it as a.ico file and you should label it ‘favicon.ico’ to ensure it displays properly on each visitor’s address bar.
4. Upload Icon: Once saved in the proper format, you then need to get that icon uploaded to your website’s root. This can be done in different ways and the process will depend on which web hosting provider you use. The typical way is though an online interface where you will be able to easily upload your website icon.
5. Test it Out: When all the steps are compete, you should test out your website’s icon. Do this by opening a web browser and typing in your website’s domain name. Then be sure that your website icon is being properly displayed on your address bar. Next, you will want to bookmark your website and be sure that your website icon is showing up in your bookmark area as well.